Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First weekend in the bag.

While I was not breaking records or finding myself atop a podium I met all of my first race goals for the opening cyclocross weekend of the year here in Golden, the Kicking Horse Cup CX Series. My bike was an absolute dream (exploded pedal excluded) and all in all
my fitness for having spent a minimal amount of time training a race pace was satisfactory. Day 2 at KHMR actually was perfect for me. I made up a couple places and was able to stay on top of my bike. Mike put on a great event here and it has really got my ass in gear for finalizing my race schedule. I also never have decent shots of me participating in the sports that I love so this one was a great exception. I look legit! Thanks to my sponsor Derailed Sports and Team Mito for letting me fly the colours of change. Next stop Calgary in two weeks. 12 races to go!!

No comments: