Saturday, August 25, 2012

One week to race time!!

For all you #CX racers and enthusiasts out there, we are one week to go for the Kicking Horse Cup Cyclocross Series season opener for Western Canada!! KHCup CX Series

I have not had nearly the amount of time on the bike that I would have liked but really, who cares. I'm so excited to blow up in the first couple races to get the bugs out and bring the skills back up to par.

Bits and pieces of training here and there. A wicked hill climb last weekend on Mount7 that produced I believe the fastest climb time of 1:23.58. Who knew that that sufferfest would turn out so productive for my motivation. As a full-time forestry worker the riding hours have been taken over by 10 hours in the bush a day so the sprint skills are not at all there. Oh to have a desk job again and have endless evening energy to get training done.

Alas, it is what it is and I can't to get the wheels rolling. Hope to have some Keith King course pics up this week. Ta-ta.

No comments: