Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The year looking forward. SPRING!!!!

With less than a week to go until the Canadian Masters Championships things are feeling surprisingly calm. I vowed to myself that I would not get stressed out for races any longer. A great mentor stated that if teh team is calm the athletes and volunteers will also remain calm. So..... here I am, attempting to stay calm. It's working quite well.  :)

Following this event I am making some significant changes to the way I lead my life for this upcoming season. While my volunteering in the community will slow with the nordic club, I will investing more time into developing a youth dev cycling program in the Kootenays and develop a Kootenay Cup MTB series for this summer and early fall. Included with this event will be an early season CX Kootenay schedule if there is enough interest.

I am hoping to be coaching only Masters athlete for the 2012-13 ski season and will be focused on racing and  fitness for the cx and nordic race season as my training goal is Masters World Champs in Asiago Italy next Feb.

There may be 2 people that ever read this, I will keep things updated on this side of the web with training, camps, friends, racing and all things Hudson for the year to come.

As a training incentive I have just ordered my new bike which will be pretty much the most beautiful thing ever, a Norco Threshold SL. At 16lbs this will be my road race and training bike along with obviously my CX Race machine for the coming season. My training wheel set is on its way and apparently my bike will be here before the end of the week. There will be pics!

New Bike: Norco Threshold Carbon SL Full SRAM Force and Red, Easton EA90 wheels. Phassst.

No comments: